Thursday, October 4, 2012

Week 2 and still hauling wood


This is how you put a second floor on a brick building in Malawi. We have to build a very strong deck to hold the cement floor we are going to pour soon. We have already gone to the forest 5 times to get the wood that is needed for building this deck. Yes we could have bought the wood in Mzuzu but the cost was too high.  

 
Speaking of high our last trip to get wood was the furthest in and highest spot we have been so far. I took some nice pictures of the valley and other mountains.

I’m sorry updating this blog page has been slow but the internet connection over here is so slow half the time I can’t get on line. Very early in the morning has been the best time, I can get 30kbps, in case you don’t know that is very slow. It is not possible to search the web. I have my name down to get a new internet device that should work in Mbps but they haven’t called back yet saying they have one, it is a USB connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment