Saturday, November 24, 2012

House Makeover

Wow! I have to stop going away. The last time I was here in Malawi Kelly and Bill painted my Livingroom and Den and Laundry room. This time they have torn down about 5 walls and put in heavyduty insulation. My bedroom has lost 2 pine paneled walls and now has drywall and some unknown color paint. Kelly won't show me what it looks like, she is waiting for the big reveal. I like what Brandon said about his room makeover. They painted his moldings a brown color, but he said I don't think I like that color mom, "it looks like poop".

Kelly sent me a picture of my dog Eddie's haircut. Moses our orphan looked at the picture and said "Lion?" Funny, he has never seen a dog that looked like this before. Almost all their dogs here are muts and look pretty much the same.
We are down to the last week to get our orphange ready for children. There is a ton of stuff happening there now. Floors being finished, doors going in and windows be made. I've been shopping the past 2 days for household things: cooking pots, dishes, cups, silverware, you get the idea. Also did some shopping at second hand Mall for clothes and bedding. Thank you America! There are tons of clothes here you have given away when you needed more room in your closet. Every where I look around town I see people with American t-shirts. Tim Hortons, football teams and Little princess. Color and design doesn't matter to them, just does it fit and can I afford it. I bought a Columbia winter jacket to wear home for $5.00, awesome.
 
Here is something for you all to think about: How do you hang a shower curtain without a shower curtain rod? And not just straight, it has to be an "L" shape.


No comments:

Post a Comment